Today I learned how to fix broken iMovie imports when you can’t simply drag back into the project media, like when importing from an iPhone, which apparently only works the first time.
- Go to the location of the .imovielibrary on your disk (the default is ~/Movies/iMovie Library.imovielibrary).
- Right click on the .imovielibrary item and click “Show Package Contents”.
- Click on the project folder.
- Go to the “Original Media” folder.
- Delete the blank, broken alias (denoted by the blank document icon and black arrow).
- Drag the original footage in the shortcut’s place.
- Go back and restart iMovie.